Re: [IP] Time to insert Sof-sets?

In a message dated 05/28/1999 9:00:04 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I was told that it was to "take all the slack out of the system," or
 something to that effect.  That's one ofthe reasons why I've been
 hesitant to decrease the amount, since I'm not entirerly sure what
 it's doing. >>

Sometimes you can push the plunger until the insulin comes out but when you
release the pressure on the plunger, air comes back in.  If you are putting
the syringe in the pump before priming it then you may need less.

Bottom line is that you need to bolus until insulin is coming out of the
needle.  It may be 2 or it may be 5. Sometimes I am in such a hurry that I
just watch and then stop it when everything is OK.

It takes at least a couple units to get the "stuff" inside all snug but I was
told that this in only a couple.

(Forgive me if I posted this twice, I am having email problems)