Re: [IP] Measure of control?

In a message dated 05/28/1999 10:25:30 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Yep, if I wanted to know how to adjust my control, that's what I'd
 look for.  But the std. dev. and coeff. of var. will tell you if
 you've got the kind of spread that you mention in your letter above.
 I just wondered if there wer any other numbers I should be looking at
 to gauge *overall* control. >>

You must be an engineer <smile>  to want to do all these calculations.  Since
the "numbers" you get with calculations depend upon the tests that you do,
unless you are testing 24 times a day, you really don't have a way of
determing your overall control with just snapshots of the waking hours.
Isn't this what an a1c is for?