Re: [IP] Time to insert Sof-sets?

> Dave,
> This is what I was taught to do.
> After the insulin is darwn up into the cartridge and the soft-set is
> connected to the cartridge I was taught to use the plunger to fill the line
> with insulin. I push it until a large drop comes out of the needle. Then I
> put the cartridge in the pump and I only need to prime 1-2 units. When
> drop comes out the end I insert. secure with tape. I use a tape on skin
> before I insert as the sticky stuff on soft set irritates my skin
> I takes me about 10 minutes.
> Ginny
> PS what pump you using? I am using the MiniMed 507C

Hi Ginny,

I'm doing the same thing you are, I think, except that I'm priming 5
units instead of 1-2 when I put the resevoir (I thought that
Disetronics had cartridges, and MiniMeds had resevoirs?).  Maybe
that's the whole time difference?  I'd swear I spend 5 minutes or so
just watching the dumb thing (MiniMed 507C) prime those 5 units.

Dave Breeden                                           email @ redacted