Re: [IP] T1 Diagnosis

email @ redacted wrote:
> Is there a problem with the amount of insulin a person must use to keep a
> reasonable blood sugar level.

Only when it gets extreme, as in over about 100 units/day.

I use various amounts as needed to control my
> blood sugars sometimes large amounts as I attempt to cover such things as
> pasta, pizza and yes bagels.  Is it harmful to use more than a certain say 20
> or 30 units of insulin a day.

Of course not. Non-diabetics make around 35 units per day naturally, so
you're in prime territory and doing better than most diabetics,

Should one limit the amount one eats in order
> to lower the amount of insulin used.

Is your weight reasonaly stable, as well as your cholesterol levels?
what indicates whether you're doing well.

 I am not fat and have to watch
> cholesterol and fats, but I do enjoy some foods on occassion and I have never
> thought of the amount of insulin used to cover the carbs in these foods as a
> detriment to my health.

That's what it's for, after all. Stability nd good health are the aims,
specific dosage levels or exact meal plans ALWAYS adhered to are not
necessary, and who's perfect, anyway?????

My endo always tol me I should feel fine about the occsional excursion
it was short term and reasonably controlled.

Ted Quick