Re: [IP] T1 Diagnosis

Is there a problem with the amount of insulin a person must use to keep a
reasonable blood sugar level.  I use various amounts as needed to control my
blood sugars sometimes large amounts as I attempt to cover such things as
pasta, pizza and yes bagels.  Is it harmful to use more than a certain say 20
or 30 units of insulin a day.  Should one limit the amount one eats in order
to lower the amount of insulin used.  I am not fat and have to watch
cholesterol and fats, but I do enjoy some foods on occassion and I have never
thought of the amount of insulin used to cover the carbs in these foods as a
detriment to my health.  Penguinie eats as much fish as he wants avoiding the
fatty varieties.
Don and Penguinie the pumper penguin -0