RE: [IP] T1 Diagnosis

Donna,

Thanks for your super words of encouragement. I worried until today about
the quantity of Humalog I was using, (46 units today for example and 20 of
NPH). I have only been using insulin for  6 months and have not had the
benefit of talking to others of their experiences and still have a lot to
learn - with the exception of an office colleague who only uses around 10
units daily - but he's 23 and could hide behind a brook stick, so it's not a
real comparison. I have had comments from other DMs in the local group,
saying, "You use a lot". The same with the bagel discussion over the past 24
hours or so. I thought that because one bagel always made a rapid rise in
bgs, I was somehow different or doing something wrong. I guess the real
truth is we are all different with different needs.

I am determined to learn more and the views expressed here at IP are helping
me a lot.. I have a hard time calculating carbs, my learning so far has been
by trial and error. I write everything down and then see what effect it has
on bgs. This is probably not the best way, but it is beginning to work with
me. My Doc wants me to go a pump, and I am seeing my Endo soon, I hope that
the pump makes things a bit easier for me as for you.

Paul