Re: [IP] Erica & Mixing Insulins.....sigh :-(

email @ redacted wrote:
> For one I have used humalog in the pump since I started, for two I get very
> good results with the humalog ac1 in the 6's.  If its not approved for the
> pump then why am I using it in the pump

Thing that people don't understand is that FDA does NOT limit drugs
which are not
tested for any particular use. They only accept test run by the
of course after checking the tests over, and then put their rubber stamp
it. The first apporval for ANY human use is all that's needed, after
that any
doctor can prescribe the medication for anything he wishes. Of course he
could be held responsible if it was harmful, but FDA testing won't
him from tht anyway.

In other words, it's a non-existent issue. Basically Eli Lily and Co
go to the time or expense to run these second level tests, ad it matters
not at all.

Ted Quick