Re: [IP] T1 Diagnosis

At 08:23 PM 5/26/1999  Whitaker, Paul wrote:
 >My question is: Is a T1 diagnosis at 48 years old unusual, and does a
 >diagnosis at 48 make for other related complications later because of my

I was diagnosed as type 1 at age 37. No diabetes of any sort before that. I
haven't heard of any specific complications for those of us that get
diagnosed later in life (other than the same complications that all
diabetics face). My original diagnosis was a bit over 20 years ago and I'm
still kicking.