[IP] Re: 1. waterproof sport case 2. moniters 3. Diastix

1.  I have used the waterproof sport case.  Have had two.  They are
"guarenteed"  I think for a year.  Got a new one last year because the old
one was several years old.  Spent all day in the water at a waterpark with
it.  Just make sure the tubing is through the proper area properly, and you
should have no problems.  It's a bit pricey at around 70$, I would push them
to send you a free one, tell them that you are thinking of going to
Deisetronic next time because it's waterproof and maybe MM will send a free
one.  Others on the list have received free ones.  I have  kids too.  If I
had a 2 year old and was going to be in and out with possible dashes into
water with pump on I'd wear a sport case.  As I am now, I disconnect for
limited periods of time that I go in the water myself  (kids can swim now).
Waterparks are idfferent.   If you have a cooler with you, and disconnect,
ziplock your pump into a bag and put it in the cooler.  As far as the insulin
in your pump, it should be OK.  Keeping it out of direct sunlight (as the
case does) should keep it fairly good.  Anyone else with other experiences?

2.  Meters:  Excellent review of the meters on the market with features, etc
as well as the companies and their phone numbers in the March/April Diabetes
Self-Mangement journal.  Be bold, call them up and ask.  let them know how
many strips you use.  Get a local reps number from them.

3.  Diastix.  Since just about all I drink in the way of soft drinks is diet
coke, the only thing that I have tested this way is diet vs regular coke.
Certainly works fine for this.  ???maybe wouldn't work for all diet
soda's...don't know.  I did send an email to Bayer suggesting that they think
about marketing for this (diastix aren't always easy to find here, I'm
worried they'll quit producing them, and go the way of TesTape (Yeah ...I'm
OLD...chuckle)  Got a reply form someone there saying basically that they
have heard of some people using them this way, but that they are not
"currently marketed" for this.  (I hate it when people just repeat back to me
what I've already said I know).  I replied again, AND suggested that anyone
at Bayer involved in DM products become acquainted with this wevsite/maillist.