Re: [IP] T1 Diagnosis

Paul,

I was diagnosed at 31 with Type 2 and then this last year was told that I was in
fact Type 1 (testing).  The diet and oral meds didn't work for me.  I have
noticed that I am more resistant than most Type 1 diabetics therefore having to
use more insulin.  Its like having characteristics of both Type 1 & Type 2.
When I questioned my CDE, she told me that I very well could have been Type 2 in
the beginning but since I didn't get the treatment I needed my beta cells may
have been overworked and worn out.  Most doctors have a tendency to classify
anyone over the age of 25 as Type 2 without further testing.

Donna