Re: [IP] meters

In a message dated 05/27/1999 12:10:11 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I am just curious as to how many individuals have gotten their blood
 meters at no cost--from someone other than their CDE or endo?  How does one
 go about it?  Taylor is currently using the Fast Take meter but I am unsure
 of the accuracy, and would like to try another meter.  If anyone has any
 suggestions as to how to go about this I would appreciate it.  We are
 gathering info to present to his endo in June.
 Thanks >>

I have always heard about people getting meters for free from companies.
Right after buying a DEX I started hearing people rave about the FastTake and
wanted one but knew insurance would give me a hassle so I called up Lifescan.
 I told them just what I wrote (everyone else... whine whine... would LOVE to
try the FastTake...).  She asked me my testing frequency.  I told her that I
was on a pump and sometimes test as much as 12 times a day. :)  I had the
FastTake, the data cable and the meter in my hands in less than a week!!

I have found the FastTake to be very accurate as long as I apply enough

Good luck,