Re: [IP] meters

Yes.  I used to just get them once in a while and end up buyig the one I most
wanted but 7 or 8 years ago a rep pointed out that most meter companies
distribute free meters in multiple ways.  What's more, once you get identified
as a high test strip user, you may find yourself given duplicates.  I've even
sometimes got them without asking.  Once in a while, especially if you ask the
wrong person, you will be told you have to buy it.  Just ignore it and try
asking someone else.  Best bets are:  Call the local rep and explain that you
have heard about this particular meter, blood test intesively and are interested
in trying it out. You can often get the local rep # from the company itself.
Sometimes the company phone person will send you one, often they will just tell
you how to buy it.  Most insurance companies have deals with particular
meter/strip makers.  If you find out who yours has a deal with, they will often
send you one free (usually you need to contact a case manager at the insurance
co.).