[IP] meters

I am just curious as to how many individuals have gotten their blood glucose
meters at no cost--from someone other than their CDE or endo?  How does one
go about it?  Taylor is currently using the Fast Take meter but I am unsure
of the accuracy, and would like to try another meter.  If anyone has any
suggestions as to how to go about this I would appreciate it.  We are
gathering info to present to his endo in June.