Re: [IP] Home Fructosamine Testing

In a message dated 5/26/99 6:33:28 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Is anyone using LXN's Duet Home Fructosamine Test? If so, how often? Have
 the test results helped you to be proactive in taking steps to tighten
 control? Is it accurate? The medical community in my area thinks it is a
 money making rip off. They make comments like, What will patients do with
 this information? That is what many in the medical community said about
 home blood glucose monitors in the 80s, delaying the retail release of the
 machines to the 90s.  >>

Is this just one blood test that shows a two week a1c?  If so it may be
interesting.  I'm not sure if I would be interested though because with
testing as frequently as I do I already have a two week average that is
pretty accurate.

I guess I was lucky, my docs have always pushed blood glucose testing as soon
as it was available.  I do remember not using a meter for a couple years
until the price came down.

I would love to hear more about this test & machine.