[IP] Interesting carb counting note

At a local Pumper's Support group meeting I learned something new from one
of the nutritionists at a local hospital.

When reading the food nutrition labels and looking at the carb count, also
check the amount of carbs from fiber. Since fiber apparently does not
contribute any nutritional value, we were told that you can subtract the
amount of fiber carbs from the total carbs to come up with a more accurate

I have not personally verified this information, but I thought I'd pass it
along for discussion. Does anyone have any information about this?