Re: [IP] We need help in carb counting.

In a message dated 5/26/99 9:43:52 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  We are vegitarians and like a lot of different ethnic foods. I have been
having difficulty in finding carb counts on many items. >>

Are you eating these foods out or are you preparing them yourself? A carb
count would depend on the ingredients in the food. For example, you mention
stuffed grape leaves. I make those, but I put meat in mine, so it turns out
to be about 5 g CHO per roll for me. If you make yours primarily with rice,
your count would be different. When I eat out, I estimate the number of carbs
and bolus conservatively the first time. I then adjust my dosage in
succeeding visits until I figure it out. When I prepare a food for the first
time, I add up the all the CHO grams and divide the total by the amount of