Re: [IP] Erica & Mixing Insulins.....sigh :-(

> What I want to ask everybody, is can you leave the R& H mixed in a
> syringe for two site changes.  That would be 6 days (7 if a miracle
> happens).  I must admit I am frightened that this mixing of insulins
> will not work.

I generally change sites once every 3-8 days with the mix.  About 8 out of
10 of those are in the 4 1/2 to 6 day range.  Once or twice every six months
I only make it 3 days, probably 4 or 5 times in 6 months they actually last
as long as 7 and 8 days.  You do have to keep checking the site though
(maybe 2 times a day) and teach her to tell you if it is sore.  As for
leaving mixed insulin in the same syringe, that's fine.  I've done that for
up to 2 weeks.  Not any different than the mixing of shots we all did for
all those years.

Good luck!