Re: [Re: [IP] Pump Reps]

 >What the heck - make it four.  My dr. tried to get me on the pump for years
 >and I wouldn't do it.  Finally I saw an ad for Disetronic and Mini-Med in
 >Forecast magazine, called them both and asked them to send me some info.
 >They both did and the next time I went to the dr. I shocked the heck out of
 >him by telling him that I wanted the D pump.  I dealt with the insurance
 >company and when I saw the trainer I already knew how everything worked.  I
 >order all my supplies direct from D.  I couldn't tell you who the reps. are
 >in the Memphis area.  haha

You were very lucky and fortunate. Not everyone has all the time and
intestinal fortitude to do all the sometimes difficult negotiations needed
to get the pump ordered. Some doctors are only marginally pro-pump (if
that) and need to be persuaded. Each insurance company requires different
types of medical "letters of necessity" and things can get quite ugly. Some
cases drag on for months and months and need to go through appeals (and

In difficult situations people need all the help they can get. Using a
sales rep doesn't cost you one cent more and I think most people would
prefer to use the rep's expertise to get though the hard parts. There is no
dishonor in getting help.