Re: [IP] Slushies

Maureen Reagan wrote:

> A while ago I think there was talk of Slurpies (or slushies, or something
> like that) and the question of how many carbs are in them came up.  Since
> it was really hot the past couple of weeks (and my roommate LOVES
> slushies), I've had my first one in 4.5 years!  (I love my pump!)  Anyhow,
> the carb counts varies quite a bit (from the ones I've found).  For
> Fazoli's (a fast food Italian resturant), their "Lemon Ice" (which is the
> consistency of a slushy) is 35 g of CHO for 12 oz.  Kool-Aid also makes a
> slushy mix, it is 35 g of CHO for 8 oz.  Also, the more frozen the Kool-Aid
> slushy is, the bigger the serving... and it can makes a LOT of difference.
>
> Maureen

Hi Maureen:
	My name is Steve , I am not Sharon , but I am her son.  I unfortunately
am found of slushies , and Dunkin' Donuts coolattas have helped not much
either :-)  I found that if you got the coolatta with slim milk and no
whip cream it's just as good and half the calories , sugar , and FAT!  I
am going on the pump as soon as school gets out , and am extremely
excited!!
Question for pump users:  If you were to go to a party and just be
"grazing" all day , is there a way to give bolus + basil over a period
of time?  It's worded a little funny , but I'm trying to ask if there is
a way to give a bolus over a period of time and the basil too.  I've
heard of this but am not sure.  Thanks for listening!!

	Steve