Re: [IP] relationships and pumping

At 02:14 AM 5/25/1999 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 5/24/99 10:44:50 PM Central Daylight Time,
>email @ redacted writes:
><< My boyfriend and I have recently begun discussing marriage >>
>Julie,  Get a grip, girl!  YOU are not being overly sensitive, your
>is!  If he is "only" squeamish about needles and blood in regards to the Big
>D, how can he be your support person?  He could count carbs for you.....
>find inventive ways to recycle used tubing....   plan the menus....

I have had a well spin off of Julies problem.  no no girlfriend problems of
anything this one was my brother.  My brother could not watch me take a
shot and took him awhile before he could watch a finger stick but ever
since i got my pump he never seen me do a set change (hold that thought),
Until  8) my parents went out of town and my BG shot up real high and i was
sick and everything that goes with a high, all my muscles were sore so to
my surprize he did my set change for me..  that surpized me after about 4
years of D that was the most he ever done..   I think most people could not
see themselves doing the things we do but if you ever put them in a
situation where they have to or where they see that if would take alot off
us they will do it  may take some time but they will be their.

Good luck with everything Julie  just keep trying to include him in
everything he will come around when he is ready  which is usually when we
least expect it.

Brian Carter
ICQ # 27217438
Mailto:email @ redacted