[IP] relationships and pumping

My boyfriend and I have recently begun discussing marriage, and I have a few worries about how diabetes and my pump are going to affect this.  I've known him for more than 3 years, so he is well acquainted with the fact that I am diabetic.  The problem is he's very squeamish!  The one time he saw me take out a needle to do my shot he almost passed out, and he hasn't ever seen me test my bg's or insert an infusion site.  He's eager to learn about diabetes until it comes to any needles or blood.  Am I being overly sensitive?  I guess I'd just like to hear some input from spouses of diabetics.  How does it affect you?  What should I tell him about the possibilities for complications?  Thanks so much.