Re: [IP] marilyn and retinopathy

Di,  I was sorry to read about your difficulties.  I hope your situation will
improve.  Your story is especially upsetting to me because I have always been
told to catch problems early and they can be stopped.  This obviously was not
true in your case.  I saw a man at a clinic a few months ago.  He had one
leg.  Of course, he has DM.  I asked him what happened and he said he had a
very small bruise on his foot and he ended up getting his entire leg
amputated.  A podiatrist friend told me that he probably was telling a
half-truth.  His foot was probably worse than he said.  I really didn't agree
with my friend, the podiatrist.  I wonder how much control we have once
something actually appears for our eyes to see.  Maybe, by then, it is
already too late.  It's a scary situation.  There ought to be a way to detect
some of these things earlier.  I don't know about you, but I am ready for my
Borg implant.  ellen