[IP] Taking the pump in the water. CAN I??

I am going to Hawaii this August.  I thought I had the solution from
Minimeds sport case.  Their web site says its water 'resistant' (I
thought proof) and they had this testimony of someone who said on his
tropical vacation he spent most the time in the water and his pump
stayed dry.

But...I got it today and there is no way!  It has a zipper on in and
where the zipper stops is a hole.  I was hoping they may have done
something clever like some plastic around the end of the zipper or
something so when you closed it, it would create a seal around the tube.

What, if anything, has anyone found for taking their pump in the water?