Re: [IP] Pump Reps

In a message dated 5/23/99 11:07:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<
 I hate to be the fly in the ointment, but...
 Generally, pump rep jobs are sales jobs.  They require a fair amount of
travel.
 They are often staffed by 30 and 40 somethings who eventually choose a
different
 life style or move up in the business world since these kinds of jobs are
good
 springboards for other, higher status business jobs.  Pump reps sometimes
last as
 long as 5 years in one locale, but not always and many only stick around for
 year or two or three. You will be on a pump for 10 or 20 or 30 years (unless
you
 quit).  The "reviews" of pump reps go back and forth over time. In one 6
month
 period, pumpers in a certain geographical area complain about d reps and
prasie m
 reps.  In a later period, it has reversed itself.  Reps from one location to
 another within the same company are quite different too.  Reps can be
helpful,
 but once you've been pumping for a year or so, you will know much more than
they
 do about living with a pump.  They are useful for new sales and product info
and
 for ocassional supplies, etc.  They are helpful in the beginning and I
understand
 that their presence can be reassuring.  I'd just be aware of making a company
 choice based on someone who may not be around more than a few years anyway
and
 who I will know as much as in the next year or so.  Over the years the one
thing
 tha >>
Ruth I chose my pump not because of the Pump Rep. I didn't want that kind of
contact.  My bad feelings lie with the fact that if someone is so pushy is
that cause they feel their product is inferior.  I mean why so much sales
pressure.  I picked it because I think Mini med let their product stand on
their own two feet.  I almost felt harassed by Disetronic and if that was how
they were in Sales how would the rest of the company be.

Kathleen