Re: [IP] Pump Reps

In a message dated 5/23/99 11:07:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

 I hate to be the fly in the ointment, but...
 Generally, pump rep jobs are sales jobs.  They require a fair amount of
 They are often staffed by 30 and 40 somethings who eventually choose a
 life style or move up in the business world since these kinds of jobs are
 springboards for other, higher status business jobs.  Pump reps sometimes
last as
 long as 5 years in one locale, but not always and many only stick around for
 year or two or three. You will be on a pump for 10 or 20 or 30 years (unless
 quit).  The "reviews" of pump reps go back and forth over time. In one 6
 period, pumpers in a certain geographical area complain about d reps and
prasie m
 reps.  In a later period, it has reversed itself.  Reps from one location to
 another within the same company are quite different too.  Reps can be
 but once you've been pumping for a year or so, you will know much more than
 do about living with a pump.  They are useful for new sales and product info
 for ocassional supplies, etc.  They are helpful in the beginning and I
 that their presence can be reassuring.  I'd just be aware of making a company
 choice based on someone who may not be around more than a few years anyway
 who I will know as much as in the next year or so.  Over the years the one
 tha >>
Ruth I chose my pump not because of the Pump Rep. I didn't want that kind of
contact.  My bad feelings lie with the fact that if someone is so pushy is
that cause they feel their product is inferior.  I mean why so much sales
pressure.  I picked it because I think Mini med let their product stand on
their own two feet.  I almost felt harassed by Disetronic and if that was how
they were in Sales how would the rest of the company be.