Re: [IP] Pump Reps

I hate to be the fly in the ointment, but...
Generally, pump rep jobs are sales jobs.  They require a fair amount of travel.
They are often staffed by 30 and 40 somethings who eventually choose a different
life style or move up in the business world since these kinds of jobs are good
springboards for other, higher status business jobs.  Pump reps sometimes last as
long as 5 years in one locale, but not always and many only stick around for a
year or two or three. You will be on a pump for 10 or 20 or 30 years (unless you
quit).  The "reviews" of pump reps go back and forth over time. In one 6 month
period, pumpers in a certain geographical area complain about d reps and prasie m
reps.  In a later period, it has reversed itself.  Reps from one location to
another within the same company are quite different too.  Reps can be helpful,
but once you've been pumping for a year or so, you will know much more than they
do about living with a pump.  They are useful for new sales and product info and
for ocassional supplies, etc.  They are helpful in the beginning and I understand
that their presence can be reassuring.  I'd just be aware of making a company
choice based on someone who may not be around more than a few years anyway and
who I will know as much as in the next year or so.  Over the years the one thing
that has become clear with both pump reps and meter company reps is that they are
just very very very variable and they have little to do with the quality of
either the pump or the meters despite the fact they sometimes effect your
experience meeting these tools.