Re: [IP] Carbs in Pasta

Ted,  I think you are probably right about the water content, but I am pretty sure
the starch issue is real.  It's kind of like fruit.  The longer the pasta is
boiled, the more the starch in it breaks down. This does raise the carbs.  I can't
remember how, but I've been told and read it numerous times.  This is actually not
just a "diabetic" thing, but a scientific one as well since when I taught 7th
grade my students had to do an experiment with fruit where they measured the
increasing amount of sugars as the fruit heated up.  I wasn't teaching the science
part so I don't really remember how it works.  Someone who knows more "scientific"
data can help us here?