Re: [IP] Hi ! & What to do next

Hi Paul,
Welcome to the group!  I just started using an insulin pump not quite a week
ago.  I am using a minimed507C  with saline.  On tuesday morning I will be
going live and using humalog.  I can't wait!!!!!!!    After deciding to go on
the pump, I met with an endo. His diabetes educator  ( who is certified in
training for both types of pumps) gave me an explanation of both types of
pumps and their individual features.  I was then told that I had a choice of
the type I wanted.  I thought about it for about a week ( I also had videos
from both companies) and decided to go with minimed) .  At that point I
contacted the endo's office to let them know that I wanted to proceed and and
the type of pump I wanted.  The physician wrote a letter of necessity and a
script for the pump.  I filled out my paperwork from minimed and all  of the
infromation was sent out together.  Minimed contacted me  to let me know they
received the paperwork and explained the claim process.  In my case, a battle
ensued with the insurance company and it took me several months to get
This is not the case for everyone (dont get nervous 8-) ).   I got the pump
very quickly upon approval !    After pumping saline for almost a week, I
think I must be the most hydrated person on this list  <vbg>.   Good luck and
if you have any more questions feel free to ask,  people  on this list are
very knowledgeable and generous!!!   Sorry for the long post.