Re: [IP] Marilyn Vos Savant Article, Parade Magazine, May 23

email @ redacted wrote:
> Wow I don't know where to begin with this.  First not all of us are genetic
> in origin.  I also didn't produce any children with the disease and probably
> wont.  I don't know if I agree with the 50 years either.  When did they start
> diagnosing type 2 I mean I would think that it has been around longer just
> not "discovered"?

I understand it wasn't considered a separate disease(s) until 1952.
Can't say I remember the occasion, since I was only 2 at the time.....

Also don't we have quite a few type 1s here who have had
> diabetes for 30 yrs or more?

I resemble that remark! <grin> 43 years worth anyway.

Ted Quick