Re: [IP] Infusion set tubing tolerance

Mary Jean Renstrom wrote:

> >         I do not want to bend the tubing so that it crimps and cuts  the
> >flow of insulin.   Thanks,   Tommy
>
> This won't be a problem for normal circumstances.  When I started pumping,
> my rep told me I could tie the tubing in a knot and it would still work.

Very true. I've sometimes found my tubing in a knot when I wake up in
the
morning, but once I think about what happened the night before...
ANyway, it is
rather hard to cut the flow by bending the tubing, at least at the pump.

> The only time it might be a problem is during a bolus.  Sometimes too sharp
> a turn will cause a "No Delivery" alarm.  But if you take the pump off your
> belt to bolus (as I do) it should be fine.

I don't take mine off to bolus unless in an awkward position, but
occasionally the alarm comes on and I just pull the tubing clear of
my pants and rebolus. It gets bound up under folds of jeans sometimes,
but clears as soon as it's free.

Also meant to mention that I wear the pump upside down on my belt clip
so the tubing is on the bottom side. If there are any air bubbles in
the syringe they tend to rise to the top and stay on the plunger, rather
than
going into the tubing.

Where it comes out of the pump I revese it in a gentle curve and
put it under the side snap from front to rear so that it goes up
the back corner of the pump where it will be less likely to catch
on things when I'm walking.

Ted Quick

End of insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #162