Re: [IP] re:eye doing better

In a message dated 5/23/99 7:16:08 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< The laser hasn't done much for me in
 that even though they caught it right at the beginning, I have now
 lost a lot of my sight and they expect me to lose a lot more, but
 I'm just one of the unlucky ones. Don't let that put you off. They now
 can't do any more surgery to my right eye but are still bashing away
 at my left occasionally (I go back on Wed for more zapping). >>

I'm sorry to hear that you have lost so much vision.  I hope that you are
able to find enjoyment in things that aren't so visually intensive.

My left eye has been my problematic one and it is almost "full" but is
holding its own <fingers crossed>.  I had a vitrectomy done and while I was
in general anesthesia, they said they really "loaded me up good" with laser,
did 2 or 3 times the normal treatment.  Can they only do so much at a time
while under local or is there another reason why you had to have so many
treatments in such a short span of time?

Is this from proliferative retinopathy or is there something else involved?

Feel free to email me if you would rather not talk about it in open forum.

Marilyn (email @ redacted)