Re: [IP] frozen shoulder/trigger finger

In a message dated 5/22/99 12:29:42 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<<If you really had trigger finger than exercise is the wrong solution. When
I had it, I was told that exercise will make it worse, not better. The
tendon is inflamed and exercising it inflames it even more. The initial
treatment for trigger finger, for me, was immobilization not exercise.

There are trigger fingers that are the result of injury, and for this
condition the above advise is probably best.  But I, like Ellen, have
recurrent triggering problems that are helped by exercise.   When I
immobilize the finger, it tends to become "frozen".

Linda Zottoli
dx1955 at age8, IP 10/98