Re: [IP] Where do you put your pump during surgery?

In a message dated 5/22/99 12:21:11 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I'm having outpatient surgery June 1 and have a silly question: Where do
 put your pump? No problem wearing it while in OR, but I just can't figure
 where you put the darned thing. On the table beside you? (I can just see
 their faces when I say, "Whatever you do, don't let Elvis fall off the
 table!") Clipped to your gown (but the clips have metal in them and there's
 no metal allowed in OR)? No bras allowed (metal), so that's out . >>

I've had oodle of surgery with my pump.  Luckily, the modern gowns all have
pockets in the front where the pump fits.  Prior to that, they will place the
pump on my belly or tape it to the table or even tape it to me.  I had to go
without the pump for my hysterectomy but otherwise it went through all
surgeries with me.

Unless you are going to some back woods hospital, they should have dealt with
pumps before and should be able to help you out.  Years ago it wasn't the

Good luck.  I hope the surgery isn't too serious.