Re: [IP] Hypoglycemic episode in drs office

In a message dated 5/22/99 1:11:40 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Sorry so long but someone make me feel better.  Because this morning I
 want to die. >>

OK Kathleen, try this on for size.... forget that you had a hypo and let's
change the scene just a bit.  Let's say instead of an insulin pump you had
some heart machine and messed something up on it so you had a heart attack at
the docs office instead of a hypo.  Instead of being embarrassed about what
you did, you would be grateful that you were in such a place at this time.
(At least I would).  And the doc would get the satisfaction of saving your
life.  Feel better?

Doctors and nurses may not like it but they are so used to vomit and all that
stuff that makes us cringe.  Bet the doc was glad it was just on his shoes.
(For me it was projectile vomiting on the freight elevator at work, getting
it all over the lobby and halting mail delivery for everyone for a few hours
while some unfortunate soul cleaned it up).

We all make mistakes.  You just "planned" yours to be in the perfect spot.