Re: [[IP] eye (I) doing better!]

Lisa Horstman <email @ redacted> wrote:
Just an update on my laser-attacked eye...

"It's doing better today. I put in my contact lens and things are pretty
clear. There's still blind spots in my peripheral vision that I'm trying
to adjust to, and I don't really know if those clear up more or not. I'd
imaging my eye is still pretty stunned from all of this, so I'm trying
to be patient and not panic."
aser
stuff can be, I've been through it 12 times myself! I remember the first =
time
most vividly, thought I handled it very well, til I started to walk out o=
f the
office, my knees went weak and I thought I was going to faint.I practical=
ly
had to be carried to the car. The patch drove me crazy! I wanted to take =
it
off so bad to make sure the Dr hadn't blinded me! I didn't have the block=
 used
though, the thought of it scared me! The biggest side effect I had ,short=

term, was what they call the 'flashbulb
effect' which went away after a few days.Unfortunatly long term, my night=

vision and peripheral vision have deteriorated quite a lot. I'm not sure =
if
these are because of the laser or the retinopathy itself though. I have
continual small bleeds since the lasers, in the left eye only,which after=

several frantic trips to the Dr, have learned there isn't really any thin=
that can be done at this point. Just have to consider myself lucky they a=
ren't
any worse, I guess. Well at least you will be more prepared with what to
expect next time. My Dr gave me a book which was very imformative, maybe =
you
can ask if yours has any thing similiar.It is called,"For My Patient,Diab=
etic
Retinopathy." Good luck!
Denise
dxd 1971