[IP] broken bones--basal changes???????

Hi everybody !!!!
Next step in the ever entertaining Wolfersheim saga....
On thursday while leaving school, a bratty little kid hit her with his
backpack. She was at the top of a flight of 15 marble stairs. Yep, you
guessed it---trip to the E.R..
Seems she broke her ankle in three places !!!!!! Surgery on Friday morning
(thank god for the pump !) Even with constant vomitting for 8 hours bgs
stayed good.
Now comes the question--For those of you with extremely active kids,
How far should I increase her basals ? She usually plays basketball,
doubledutch jumpropes and walks 2-3 miles a day. Now she will be a hot sweaty
couch potato for a while. I backed off on her basals for surgery cuz I wanted
to keep her a little high to eliminate any risk of hypoglycemic seizures.
Is there a magic formula to figure out how high to go or just keep moving up
.1u every other day?        Doreen-mom of 2 pumpers