[IP] Hypoglycemic episode in drs office

Okay the worse thing happened to me yesterday.  Went to my primary for my
normal follow up and I have a reaction.  Look in my bag no glucose tablets or
nothing I know I put them in their.  I then proceed to ask the receptionist
where is a coke machine.  On the ground floor (we are on the sixth).  I go
downstairs (really dumb move) get a coke and only a coke. Go back upstairs
and then begin to drink.  I now know I was already so low surprised I was
walking (btw tested and I was 65 before the trip downstairs).  I sit their
and wait 5 minutes until I am called and I guess behaving erratically because
the nurse asked me if I was okay.  Tested again and only 89 with the whole
can.  So they have me drink another.  Now I start feeling better and throw up
clogging their patient toilet.  DR comes in and we start talking about what
happened at this point I realize I bolused for lunch 4.6 units when I should
have only bolused for 1.6.  Two cokes don't do it and the next hour is a
total blur but I wake up to an IV with blood all over being held down by the
DR (who is really cute btw) and his nurse.  Seems I tried to go home and pull
the IV out. Also I had my pump in my underwear and the DR had to go and get
it and make sure it was stopped.  Ugh, I cant believe this happened to me. It
takes D50 and another coke before my blood sugar is 137.  I then throw up and
hit the Drs. shoes.  15 minutes later they make me eat the lunch the office
had a tortilla with chicken inside.  Finally 4 hours after my appt I go home
with my husband (I came by myself)

I am so embarrassed.  I have had 10 severe hypoglycemia in 17 yrs. My last
one was December 30.1991.  The worst part is just how belligerent I was.  I
am really easy going and considerate and it was just so unlike me.  I almost
want to change Drs. but he is so good.  I have just had so few and this was
so stupid.  I took my two boys to McDonalds and I was just so distracted I
cant believe what I did.  They called my endo who asked why it happened.  I
said I was an idiot got distracted and bolused way too much.  He said he
doesn't put idiots on the pump.  I could have killed someone, driving their
or my boys on the way to the baby sitters.

Sorry so long but someone make me feel better.  Because this morning I just
want to die.