Re: [IP] frozen shoulder/trigger finger

 >would suggest, before having surgery or taking shots, try exercising and
 >stretching more.  I am a big believer in exercise solving many problems.

If you really had trigger finger than exercise is the wrong solution. When
I had it, I was told that exercise will make it worse, not better. The
tendon is inflamed and exercising it inflames it even more. The initial
treatment for trigger finger, for me, was immobilization not exercise.

You may have been lucky and had something else, not trigger finger.
However, before doing self-treatment a visit to the doctor first is highly
recommended. Otherwise you could be doing yourself harm.