From: email @ redacted <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted <email @ redacted>
Date: Friday, May 21, 1999 8:18 PM
Subject: [IP] Carb Counting Question....sorry, kind of dumb

>Hi Everyone,
>
> I have a question that may seem a little dumb but it has been
>bugging me for a LONG time now.  It's carb counting for pasta.  We've been
at
>this for over 3 years and usually my carb counting is right on target for
>Stevie.  I can even usually estimate just by looking at something, but for
>whatever crazy reason PASTA is my sticking point!  Now on the box, I know
>it's a dry measure that's listed, but obviously with 6 people in the house,
>I'm cooking quite a big portion.  I always seem to mess up the carb
counting
>for Steven.  Our old dietician is gone :-( and the new dietician at our
>Diabetes Self-Management Center is sort of a drip, so I really don't want
>ask her.  HOW DO YOU ALL MEASURE FOR CARBS IN PASTA??!  Please help me out
on
>this one!  I realize that this probably sounds really stupid, but do you
>measure it in a measuring cup? Weigh it? and then how do you convert the
>measurement to know the dry measure.  I mean if the dry measure is 2oz.,
then
>how do you know how much it is in the cooked form?  Or vice versa.....Say
he
>wants 1 1/2 cups of cooked pasta, but the box states a dry measure, how do
>figure the carbs?  Thanks for listening to my rant and rave, I figured I've
>been on the list long enough to finally embarrass myself with a dumb
question
>(LOL!)
>
>Kelly

------------------------------

End of insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #159
*************************************

From: email @ redacted (insulin-pumpers-digest)
To: email @ redacted
Subject: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #160
Sender: email @ redacted

insulin-pumpers-digest     Saturday, May 22 1999     Volume 03 : Number 160

This issue of the digest contains:
[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #157
Re: [IP] Which pump?
Re: [IP] Precision QID Pen meter
Re: [IP] frozen shoulder/trigger finger
Re: [IP] Carb Counting Question....sorry, kind of dumb
[IP] Where do you put your pump during surgery?
Re: [IP] frozen shoulder/trigger finger
[IP] Carb Counting Question - Pasta
[IP] Hypoglycemic episode in drs office
Re: [IP] Hypoglycemic episode in drs office
Re: [IP] Hypoglycemic episode in drs office
Re: [IP] Precision QID Pen meter
Re: [[IP] Hypoglycemic episode in drs office]
[IP] FWD: Free Kids Choice cookbook
[IP] Union Insurance Hoop Jumping
Re: [IP] Carb Counting Question....sorry, kind of dumb
Re: [[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #157]
[IP] broken bones--basal changes???????
Re: [[IP] eye (I) doing better!]
Re: [IP] broken bones--basal changes???????
Re: [IP] Hypoglycemic episode in drs office
Re: [IP] Where do you put your pump during surgery?
Re: [IP] Precision QID Pen meter
Re: [IP] broken bones--basal changes???????
Re: [IP] Mini-Med pump longevity