Re: [IP] Are You Wondering If You Should Pump?

Barb. You sound a lot like me, I did just receive my new pump Fri. but
had to get all the info. first I really wanted to be sure also.  Its a
big step although many here do say don't waste time just try to get it! I
feel the first few days maybe week I'll have some extra learning involved
but once I really get the hang of it for the most part I think like the
rest I'll love it to!   I have had blurry vision and feel its because of
not keeping in the 100's  my last 2 a1c'c were about 9( 250's) so if this
will help me get it down better do it!  I also take Nph 19 morning was 7
before bed but that changed.  Plus sliding scale of Humlog when I eat!
I'm still up & down this past week my high once 400 low was 59 I really
hate the way it goes crazy & when you have a low its so easy to over eat.
should be about 15 carb.s = about 60 Bg. points higher. at least for me
(ymmv) I'm trying but not perfect at the diet end either, but feel with
the pump I'll be encouraged to be better because of better control &
flexibility!  Don't mean to be so long!  By the way I got  the blue
minimed yesterday in little leather case really nice.  stay well  Rosie

On Sat, 22 May 1999 08:51:07 CDT "Barb Pisut" <email @ redacted>