[IP] Carb Counting Question....sorry, kind of dumb

Hi Everyone,

		I have a question that may seem a little dumb but it has been
bugging me for a LONG time now.  It's carb counting for pasta.  We've been at
this for over 3 years and usually my carb counting is right on target for
Stevie.  I can even usually estimate just by looking at something, but for
whatever crazy reason PASTA is my sticking point!  Now on the box, I know
it's a dry measure that's listed, but obviously with 6 people in the house,
I'm cooking quite a big portion.  I always seem to mess up the carb counting
for Steven.  Our old dietician is gone :-( and the new dietician at our
Diabetes Self-Management Center is sort of a drip, so I really don't want to
ask her.  HOW DO YOU ALL MEASURE FOR CARBS IN PASTA??!  Please help me out on
this one!  I realize that this probably sounds really stupid, but do you
measure it in a measuring cup? Weigh it? and then how do you convert the
measurement to know the dry measure.  I mean if the dry measure is 2oz., then
how do you know how much it is in the cooked form?  Or vice versa.....Say he
wants 1 1/2 cups of cooked pasta, but the box states a dry measure, how do I
figure the carbs?  Thanks for listening to my rant and rave, I figured I've
been on the list long enough to finally embarrass myself with a dumb question