Re: [IP] Thanks, Doing Better

 >It depends upon what the insurance policy says.  An insurance policy is a
 >contract with the insured that they will do certain things.  If the policy
 >says that they will allow you to use their insulin pump while you are
 >insured, and if you didn't give the pump back, the insurance company could
 >sue you for keeping their equipment.  You may end up with lawyer bills as
 >well as having to return the pump because you agreed to these terms when you
 >signed the contract.

Except that such a provision may be illegal. That's why you need to check
with your state insurance commission. As I said before, can you imagine
them asking for your eyeglasses, a pacemaker or a wheelchair back? If its
durable medical equipment that is designed for long-term medical purposes,
it then becomes as much a part of you as your right arm. (If they paid for
a hip replacement, could they re-take the stainless steel pins and sockets?
How about your dentures?) This is totally unreasonable.

I'm getting off my soapbox now...

Sam

End of insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #158