Re: [IP] Thanks, Doing Better

In a message dated 05/21/1999 9:38:03 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I sure that it would not be a felony because it is not theft Marilyn can
 check it out. I'm thinking they could sue for the cash or the pump back. If
 they did sue for money it would be prorated for use and not the full $4500
 could you image a jury trial and media cover of case like that what if the
 pumper was a child >>

It depends upon what the insurance policy says.  An insurance policy is a
contract with the insured that they will do certain things.  If the policy
says that they will allow you to use their insulin pump while you are
insured, and if you didn't give the pump back, the insurance company could
sue you for keeping their equipment.  You may end up with lawyer bills as
well as having to return the pump because you agreed to these terms when you
signed the contract.

I'm with you about the media getting involved. It sure would make the
insurance company look bad.  Unfortunately, the insurance companies that get
away with doing this are usually the ones that are the most affordable.