Why we're PRO Pump (was)Re: [IP] Re: Frozen Shoulder

   Excellent advice you've offered to Barb (not Erica's mom) for persevering
with pump therapy.  Your analogy about driving a car in particular was an
excellent one. I also like to tell people that when the pump ISN'T working,
it's as frustrating & upsetting as it ever was on MDI...BUT when it DOES work
( which is the vast majority of the time), it's soooooo liberating.
    I attended a corporate "kick-off" breakfast today for our Phila. chapter
of the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation's Walk to Cure Diabetes in the fall. Two
teenaged girls spoke about their personal stories & what was particularly
poignant was hearing one of them say how getting her pump (3 yrs ago) had
given her back a lot of her life style that had been "lost" when she was
diagnosed......i.e. the ability to run, go, do, eat, sleep, etc. on a more
normalized teenaged schedule.
      For us, the fact that the pump provides our daughter with that same
ability to be as flexible as possible,  with a chronic illness that demands
daily attention, far outweighs any disadvantages.....

Regards, Renee ( pump-coach mom to 16 yr old Melissa)