Re: [IP] Re: Frozen Shoulder

In a message dated 5/20/99 12:01:41 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I'm starting to lean toward just continuing with
 giving myself the shots and not worry about all the things that I've been
 reading that come with going on the pump....If anyone can really convince me
 that it's not that bad, I sure would love to hear from them.  >>

Yes, there can be bad things that happen, but you need to put this in its
proper perspective.  I've been on the pump for over 11 years.  In that time
I've had maybe a total of 60 really bad experiences (that is really
stretching it).  This figures out to a 99% success rate!!!

Bad things can happen when get behind the wheel of a car, but you don't think
about this when you get your driver's license.  You think about all the
freedom you will have when you can finally drive.

One thing to keep in mind as you read posts here, there is a high percentage
of posts from new (or relatively new) pumpers.  This is the learning time and
many problems that people have in the beginning don't occur later.  Think
about how long it took to draw up your first syringe of insulin (take a shot,
calculate carbs, etc.) and how quickly you can do it now.

The other times when problems can crop up is when you make a change.  I
recently switched to Humalog (from Velosulin) and expect to have to make some
minor adjustments.  I don't call them problems, just changes.

A few years ago I decided I was tired of the pump and went back to shots.  I
was back to my pump within a short period of time because I had proved to
myself that it WAS easier and better for me than shots..

I'm sure you will make the right decision for you