Re: [IP] Re: Frozen Shoulder

Barb Pisut wrote:

> Hi Ronee,
>
> I'm not exactly sure what a frozen shoulder is, but if they wanted to give
> you cortizone shots, they really don't hurt, I was in a bad car accident
> about 5 yrs. ago and received multiple cortizone shots, not only are they a
> great relief, they also solve the problem alot faster! And by the way, I've
> been reading all the e-mails, what is a trigger finger?  Talk about chicken,
> I'm still haven't made up my mind as to whether or not I should get the
> pump, on one hand I know it would be alot easier, but on the other hand
> reading all these cons about having problems with site injections, it leaves
> me with alittle doubt, I'm starting to lean toward just continuing with
> giving myself the shots and not worry about all the things that I've been
> reading that come with going on the pump....If anyone can really convince me
> that it's not that bad, I sure would love to hear from them. Hope to talk to
> you soon Ronee, take care....Barb Pisut
>
> >From: email @ redacted
> >To: email @ redacted
> >Subject: Re: [IP] Re: Frozen Shoulder
> >Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 21:59:26 EDT
> >
> >I had a frozen shoulder also.  They wanted to give me a cortizone injection
> >but I refused (chicken).  They then suggested therapy but I didn't have the
> >time.  I was unable to put my coat on and always had to slip that arm in
> >first.  Well, it disappeared on its own and never returned.  Ronee
> >
> >P.S.  I also had a trigger finger which also just disappeared on its own.

Barb-
I encourage you to read all of the letters that come into this E-Mail
site.  Even though you hear about problems, you will also see that most
people would NOT trade their pumps in for anything and very few ever go
back to taking shots once they have been on the pump.  I have had Type I
for 31 years, on the pump for only two of those years.  If I had known
how much the pump would help my diabetes (and over-all life style) I
would hav gone on the pump years ago.  I can NOT say enough good about
the pump.  Please give it a try, I (and many others) think you will be
glad you did.  Best, Tom Roth