[IP] skin prep

>> I use a skin barrier by Smith + Nephew called Skin Prep that creates
>> a barrier between the skin and any tape. I let it dry then insert a
>> SofSet and whatever tape they send with that.  I have not had any
>> itchies or welts.
>> Lot's of products have the same name (I don't know how they can do
>> this!).
>Please send me the exact name and part number from the box. One of
>our ip-developers is working on a FAQ about this subject and the
>preps used need to be listed 'exactly'.

I have a box of this.  The exact name is "Skin-Prep" by Smith + Nephew.
The number on the box is #4204-00.  There is also and HCFA # A5119.
A box of 50 cost me about $10.50 two years ago.   There is a "sub-title" on
the box -- "Protective Barrier Wipes".

The box says they are:
- - Effective topical barrier between skin and tape
- - Helps tape and film adhesion
- - Non-irritating

There is an 800# for customer service: 1-800-876-1261.

Mary Jean