Re: [IP] insurance

Sam Skopp wrote:
> At 04:03 PM 5/20/1999  Melvin Abbott wrote:
>  >The insurance we have to change to is saying I have to use accu-check
>  >advantage or they will not pay for my strips.  This upsets me we have
>  >had to change insurance co. twice this year through my husbands work.  I
>  >don't think they should be able to tell you what kind of meter you can
>  >use.  Maybe i'm having a low because I  feel like I could strangle
>  >them.  I don't even know who to be mad at. thanks for listening.
> It sounds like someone is getting a kickback on this one... if so, it ought
> to be illegal (just my opinion). It seems that they need to provide the
> supplies that your doctor recommends... are you saying that if the doctor
> writes a prescription for strips for the Profile, then they will refuse to
> cover it? You might want to check with your state's insurance commission,
> to see if they can really do this.

Yes, and it helps if the Dr. writes "No substitutions" on the
Incidentally my new insurer tried this stunt on me when I moved here,
I told them flat out that the meter and strips they sent me were NOT
workable for me and I CAN NOT use them successfully. They adjusted fast,
got me the OT strips for my Profile.

Ted Quick