Re: [IP] insurance

At 04:03 PM 5/20/1999  Melvin Abbott wrote:
 >The insurance we have to change to is saying I have to use accu-check
 >advantage or they will not pay for my strips.  This upsets me we have
 >had to change insurance co. twice this year through my husbands work.  I
 >don't think they should be able to tell you what kind of meter you can
 >use.  Maybe i'm having a low because I  feel like I could strangle
 >them.  I don't even know who to be mad at. thanks for listening.

It sounds like someone is getting a kickback on this one... if so, it ought
to be illegal (just my opinion). It seems that they need to provide the
supplies that your doctor recommends... are you saying that if the doctor
writes a prescription for strips for the Profile, then they will refuse to
cover it? You might want to check with your state's insurance commission,
to see if they can really do this.