Re: [IP] Re:Excercise

email @ redacted wrote:

> Gary and others,
> It is very amusing to me how different everyone is when it comes to exercise.
>  I have run mostly 5k or 8k in the past two years.  I always eat something
> before the race (half bagel or peanut butter on bread), take half the normal
> Humalog bolus, run, then after the run, take 2 units.  I could temporarily
> increase the basal while I'm running, but I check my bg after running just to
> make sure its ok.  It usually is and then I take 2 units to cover that rise
> that comes 2 hours after running.  I, unlike many others, have a rise in my
> bg after exercise and then a big drop the next morning.  It is all very
> strange, but exercise keeps me on my toes.  Just when you think you've
> figured it out, something new happens.
> ellen
Ellen-
Thanks for your note!!  As a runner & weightlifter I constantly fight
what seems like a constantly fluctuating  range of blood sugars.  I am
glad to see I am not the only one who thinks he has it all figured out
only to have something different happen the next time!! Keep Exersizing
and Good Running!! Tom Roth

End of insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #154