Re: [IP] Adhesive Reactions! :(

In a message dated 5/19/99 5:19:45 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I called the pharmacy, and they're sending me something called
 Bioclusive (?)
 which they say is VERY expensive, but hypoallergenic.
 The problem with the Tegaderm was that I didn't react to it the first 3
 or 4 times I used it -- apparently an allergy takes time to develop. I
 hope I don't develop an allergy to the new one!
 Has anyone ever had to stop pumping because of skin allergies? That's
 what I'm REALLY worried about!!!! >>

I developed the same reaction to Bioclusive (as with Tegaderm, OpSite, MM's
old SofSet tapes as well as most plastic or cloth tapes I used).  Yes, people
have stopped pumping because of this, sorry to say.    Don't give up though,
you have lot's of different preparations to try!